Friday, January 22, 2010

SONG REFLECTION: NAVIN CRUMP

The song entitled “Flying Without Wings” by Ruben Studdard means a lot to me because I want to make something of myself when I am older. The song symbolizes success, devotion, and perseverance and those are traits that I want to acquire. “Flying Without Wings” explains that everybody has a certain goal which means a lot to you, and you must persevere and go all out to reach that goal.

“Flying Without Wings” is a very descriptive song. Every verse has a different meaning or point. This specific verse made me think deeply about its meaning, “You’ll find it in the deepest friendships, the kind you cherish all your lives”. That verse, I believe, means friendships are to be cherished and they will help you in life just by knowing you have someone who cares for you. The reason, I chose this song was because I too have a dream and that is to be like my parents.

This song may have many different meanings but they all tie into one main reason. That reason is in this verse “You’re flying without wings”. I believe that verse means that everyone has that someone in their life that is always there for them. It may also mean that certain person lifts your spirits when you are feeling down. My parents are straight forward people and tell it like it is. I am exceedingly proud to call them my parents.

(2007)
All Rights Reserved

No comments: